1. Feel the Flickr Love! 2013 FLICKR UPDATE: Everyone gets the following on Flickr-FREE!
- 1 Terabyte of photo and video storage
- Upload photos of up to 200 MB per photo
- Upload 1080p HD videos of up to 1 GB each
- Video playback of up to 3 minutes each
- Upload and download in full original quality
- Unlimited monthly bandwidth
3. I can tag all my photos and then search my tags quickly to find a collection of pictures on 'birds' or 'trees' or 'ipads.' Nifty for presentations or lesson resources for kids.
- Click on the magnifiying glass in search bar. Click on Advanced Search. Scroll to bottom and select "
- Type your topic and harvest photos! You could 'crop' them, too. Corny, I know.... :o)
8. I can peruse or join photography groups on a multitude of topics I'm interested in and then participate in discussions/photo challenges. I can hone my photography skills and meet new photographers...and educators. Education groups on Flickr are pretty sparse. What eduFlickr groups might we create and for what purposes? Potential here.
- Flickr Group: "Water... Oceans, Lakes, Rivers, Creeks"
- Flickr Group: "Geographical Landforms"
- Flickr Group: "Birds Photos"
9. Last but not least, as an educator I can create GALLERIES of up to 18 photos on a certain topic to share with kids.
How? Find photos you like. Then on each picture's page, select ACTION (top right) and select ADD TO GALLERY. Create your gallery at that point. (FYI: If the photographer doesn't want her/his photos in galleries, the choice to add it to your gallery will not be there.)
Hey, #sschat, think what you can do with landforms galleries and city galleries just for starters. #scichat could create galleries on animals, habitats, and more.
- Flickr Gallery: Christmas Lights
- All the Flickr Galleries on 'Landforms.' Hi, #sschat!
- Flickr Gallery on Harlequin Ducks (I created this in 2 minutes)
Finally, don't forget to check out the Flickr Blog. Great pictures, challenges, and even Flickr Meetups.
That was a quick run through Flickr. There is MUCH more to it. Search around and enjoy. Feel free to add comments below on ways you use Flickr. Love to learn from and with you.