This Wednesday, June 10 educators from across the city collide and converse again at the Kauffman Foundation, 5:30-6:30+! Here is the invite and registration. Education + Innovation take center stage for KC area educators from all walks, roles, and areas of education who serve learners of any age. This is K-12, Parochial, Higher Ed, Head Start, Charter, Startup, Edupreneur, Entrepreneur, Non-Profit, Service/Learning organization, and more.
Come join us, get connected in KC, and grow your professional learning network. Why? Being connected to the KC educator community will benefit our kids and our schools!
- 5:00 -- Doors Open for Networking/Conversation with KC area educators!
- 5:30-6:30 -- 2 KC area educators present idea/project/product followed by Q&A. #innovation
- #KCedu Featured Innovators!
- 1. Rosy Burke, Independence SD, shares her passion for the non-profit Let Me Run--the Let Me Run Boys youth program that targets 4th-5th grade boys. She'll share the positive impact and how your school can start one. There are only 3 teams in KC schools right now. Business support from the KC community would be helpful to getting more teams started. The hope is we will share the info with our PLN's to spread this great program around KC!
- Lezlie Waltz, Ray-Pec SD, shares her love for and experience running TedEd Clubs! She runs a club at her school and will share her experience with it! She will answer questions so we can start our own student-driven, interest/passion-based learning clubs. TedEd clubs promote connection to the world outside our schools. We know KC will support us if we give kids the opportunity to belong to TedEd clubs.
- #KCedu Featured Innovators!
Both of these programs benefit kids and build community in our schools and community! The hope is we will share the info with our PLN's and spread this great program around KC!
- 6:30-7:00 -- Networking/Conversation continue
7:00 -- FOOD! Continue the conversation over food at THE legendary, THE top rated, THE one and only Joe's KC Bar-B-Que (formerly Oklahoma Joe's)--a short 10 minute drive from the Kauffman Foundation. We will eat in the original 'gas station' location. We may wait in line, but that gives us more time to talk. In the summer we have time to wait, and of course, talk. :)
ADDRESS: 3002 W. 47th Ave., Kansas City, KS 66103 (913) 722-3366
— Fubelly KC (@FubellyKC) June 8, 2015
"Joe's KC BBQ has been named Kansas City's 'Best Barbecue' by Zagat (every year since 2004), and by readers of KC Magazine and 435 Magazine." "In Spring 2013, USA Today named Joe's KCBBQ ribs as the "Tastiest Ribs in America." "In Summer 2013, Zagat named the Z-Man as Best Sandwich in Kansas in its "50 States, 50 Sandwiches" list." "Named by the Daily Meal for having the best ribs in America (May 2014)"
Summer is the perfect time to listen, ask, network, and dream for the future--connecting with educators and people/resources in our city!
Hope to see you there!